Sunday, September 16, 2012

Silent Warrior (Delgado’s Dirty Dozen, #2) By Donna Kauffman


Thanks to the publisher, Random House Publishing Group, and NetGalley for the chance to read this! 

This is the second book in the romantic suspense Delgado’s Dirty Dozen series by Donna Kauffman: Silent Warrior is a re-issue of a Loveswept Classic Romance #831 originally pub 4/97. Delgado’s Dirty Dozen #2 (John McShane’s story) 

John McShane and Nathan Ellis were best friends, partners and in love with the same woman. Ten years ago they were sent in to rescue the Ambassador Standfield’s daughter, Cali, after she was kidnapped in an attempt to intimidate him. Nathan and Cali fell in love, married, and she was pregnant in the blink of an eye. Six months later, Nathan was dead and Cali miscarried…it was John who yanked Cali from the edge of depression. 
Ten years passed before John heard from Cali again…a letter, requesting help from Cali to John. 

I hate to ask anything more of you. I promised I never would. But it’s important. It’s about Nathan. I’m in trouble. Please help me. You’re the only one I trust.
                           Cali Ellis
P.S. I’m sorry. 

It was a good book, typical romantic novel, where you knew how it would end, but it had some interesting ways to get there. It had some intense parts as well as parts you wanted to pull your hair out. I would suggest it to others, especially if you were looking for a shorter novel that is tastefully written. 

Other Installments: 
#1 (Diego Santerra’s story) - Santerra's Sin 
#3 (T. J. Delahaye’s story) - Light My Fire 
#4 (Scottie Giardi’s story) - Dark Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment