Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Guest Post: Dani-Lyn Alexander


Please Welcome Dani-Lyn Alexander

As I began to get ready for Christmas this year, I realized I had no hard to find gifts to buy. Every year it seems as if there’s that one gift that you just can’t find anywhere. And more often than not, it’s something you waited until the last minute to look for. 

I’ve always tried to make sure my kids got the things they wanted most for Christmas. Unfortunately, that’s meant standing on line for hours at a time, phone calls to hunt down which stores were getting deliveries, and watching other customers argue with one another or store employees. Although, I’ve never seen it get as bad as Black Friday, which by the way, I’ve never shopped on. 

When I was a kid, and my mother and aunt got up at four o’clock in the morning to wait on line in case a delivery of Cabbage Patch Dolls came in, I thought they were a little bit crazy. Of course, it didn’t seem as crazy when my daughter wanted Power Ranger toys, or my son wanted Tickle Me Elmo. 

Since then I’ve waited in line many times. Sometimes getting what I went for, other times not so lucky. That elusive, hard to find gift was the basis for my story, The Dollhouse, in the Still Moments Publishing Anthology, For the Love of Christmas.

The Dollhouse by Dani-Lyn Alexander

When Jason and Leah both grab the last dollhouse left in the city, neither of them is willing to let go. They go in search of another dollhouse, and both find more than they bargain for.

Santa Bebe by Lily Carlyle

While visions of wealthy men danced in her head…will Santa bring Bebe what she’s always wanted this year?

Connect The Dots by Jennifer M. Eaton

Sad and alone, Jill cries herself to sleep on Christmas Eve, unaware of the true magic Christmas day can bring…and how discarded wishes have a way of coming true, no matter how ridiculous they may seem.

Relinquishing Christmas by Janelle Lee

Rachel McVeigh isn't about to celebrate Christmas. She has been abandoned by her husband, her God, and finds herself alone and pregnant. There would be no Christmas miracle for her... or would there?




Fill Out the Rafflecopter Below to Win a Holiday Gift Pack.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the release, Dani. May you have a fabulous holiday season and many happy sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your holidays!!
      Dani-Lyn

      Delete
  2. Your memory of shopping hard for a particular toy is one probably all parents share. Sounds like a great way to start a story. Congratulations on the release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The newest things my kids have me standing in line for are midnight releases!!
      Dani-Lyn

      Delete
  3. I haven't started most of my shopping yet. We not have children so most likely ill be able to find the gifts easily.
    Congrats on the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm behind on shopping myself this year, not enough time in the day!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for having me, I had a great time. And thank you to everyone who stopped by and entered for a chance to win For the Love of Christmas! Enjoy your holidays!!
    Dani-Lyn

    ReplyDelete