Thursday, December 13, 2012

Guest Post: Jennifer Eaton


Please Welcome Jennifer Eaton

Jennifer Eaton lives on the East Coast USA with her husband, three boys, and a pepped up poodle.  She hosts an interactive website www.jennifermeaton.com aimed at making all writers the best they can be.  

     


Omigosh!  Christmas is coming


Yep... it's just around the corner.  Can ya believe it?  I'm usually that annoying person that giggles and says "Oh, I'm done my shopping" and watches everyone else suffer in the Christmas lines.  This year?  Well, I'm suffering with you.  Erghhhhh.  Why, can I ask you, is the ONE THING your kid asks for OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE?  Ugh!  I gave up and pre-ordered it from the manufacturer with a December 23 ship date.  Chances of it getting here?  Slim, I know... But Santa's gotta do what Santa's gotta do.  It can fall out of the sleigh and be found in the backyard a few days later, right?

So, let's talk about fun Christmas traditions for a moment. What wacky stuff did Santa do for your family that was special, and he didn't seem to do for everyone else?

Well, for me, Santa always "checked up" on us during several random dates in December.  If I'd been good, he would leave an ornament beside my bed.  I don't know of any other family he did that for, so I felt pretty dern special.  I was even more excited that, when my kids were born, Santa continued the tradition in my own home... except he doesn't tread ashes all over the house. [GRINS] I guess he got neater over the years.

I used the idea of unique holiday traditions in my Christmas story "Connect the Dots" from the For the Love of Christmas.  Twelve year old "Nicole" is really in-to origami, and instead of sending their Christmas wishes to Santa, they fold them into stars and hang them on the tree.  The whole story revolves around the magic that happens when they do this. Pretty cool, Huh?

So, What unique traditions go on in your house this time of year?


The Dollhouse by Dani-Lyn Alexander

When Jason and Leah both grab the last dollhouse left in the city, neither of them is willing to let go. They go in search of another dollhouse, and both find more than they bargain for.

Santa Bebe by Lily Carlyle

While visions of wealthy men danced in her head…will Santa bring Bebe what she’s always wanted this year?

Connect The Dots by Jennifer M. Eaton

Sad and alone, Jill cries herself to sleep on Christmas Eve, unaware of the true magic Christmas day can bring…and how discarded wishes have a way of coming true, no matter how ridiculous they may seem.

Relinquishing Christmas by Janelle Lee

Rachel McVeigh isn't about to celebrate Christmas. She has been abandoned by her husband, her God, and finds herself alone and pregnant. There would be no Christmas miracle for her... or would there?




Fill Out the Rafflecopter Below to Win a Holiday Gift Pack.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me today. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I love that Santa visited you when you were good and bad, although it might have been better if he left a potato or lump of coal (maybe a BBQ briquet?) instead of ashes. Good luck with the anthology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! It definitely would have been easier on my mother. :-)

    ReplyDelete