Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Guest Post: Lily Carlyle


Please Welcome Lily Carlyle


Fashion Tips from Bebe:

I work in a lingerie shop, so what I wear on a daily basis would be totally inappropriate for say, a preschool teacher. Unless you’re trying to hook up with one of the dads. But just make sure he’s single, please. I watched my mom get involved with way too many married men, and it’s never a good idea.

Because I sell lingerie for a living, I tend to dress a little bit sexy. Recently, my neighbor James suggested that maybe if I wanted people to take me seriously for who I am, I should tone it down a little bit, so I’m working on it. After being a blonde all my life, I’m now a brunette with blonde highlights.

It’s good to play up your assets, but there’s a fine line between sexy and slutty. Be careful you don’t cross it.

Here are a few wardrobe basics:


  1. Pencil skirt. What more can I say? Always a classic, but make sure it fits properly, because a too-tight skirt that shows every bump and bloat? Not a good look.
  2. Boots. I live in a cold climate and am so thankful boots have been in style for years running, because I need to wear them whether they’re fashionable or not. Heels are best, if you can get away with them, but don’t overdo it. There’s nothing sexy about bunions. Also, stilettos on ice are downright treacherous.
  3. Tights. Perfect with boots, and the funky, sexy textured ones keep you warm without looking like a schoolgirl.
  4. Sweaters. The expression “sweater girl” exists for a reason. But make sure the girls are properly supported, please. If you have any doubts, come see me at my shop. I’ll make sure you’re wearing the right size bra.


But right now, I have my own wardrobe dilemma. James invited me to his parents’ house for Christmas day, and I don’t know what to wear. Suggestions, anyone?


The Dollhouse by Dani-Lyn Alexander

When Jason and Leah both grab the last dollhouse left in the city, neither of them is willing to let go. They go in search of another dollhouse, and both find more than they bargain for.

Santa Bebe by Lily Carlyle

While visions of wealthy men danced in her head…will Santa bring Bebe what she’s always wanted this year?

Connect The Dots by Jennifer M. Eaton

Sad and alone, Jill cries herself to sleep on Christmas Eve, unaware of the true magic Christmas day can bring…and how discarded wishes have a way of coming true, no matter how ridiculous they may seem.

Relinquishing Christmas by Janelle Lee

Rachel McVeigh isn't about to celebrate Christmas. She has been abandoned by her husband, her God, and finds herself alone and pregnant. There would be no Christmas miracle for her... or would there?




Fill Out the Rafflecopter Below to Win a Holiday Gift Pack.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. Lily, I feel like I know your character and am moving the anthology up on my TBR pile. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... I think that was Bebe who waited on me last week :-)

    ReplyDelete