Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Review: Escape (Vampire King #1) by Kenya Wright

Title: Escape
Series: Vampire King Trilogy
Author: Kenya Wright
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Purchased; BN.com; Digital
Publication Date: December 2, 2012



A domina’s only purpose in life was to birth vampire children for the Quiet King. Any human woman with the domina gene spent their lives in the castle under strict rules and the guards’ watchful eyes. Brie has been a domina for two years. After witnessing the slaughter of babies, she plans to escape and seeks help from Samuel, a vampire known for aiding many out of slavery.

However, Samuel has only one policy. He won’t help dominas escape the king. The penalty is too high and their blood triggers powers in him that he doesn’t want released. So Brie is forced to lie about being a domina and Samuel is lured in by her blood. Something emerges within them that they can’t deny, overwhelming their every cell and igniting an all-consuming hunger that neither can flee.


I stumbled across a great book review for this book; I just had to read it – immediately. I ventured to the authors website seeking additional information on the book & discover more great news…It is part of a Trilogy – that’s right we get 3 installments.

As I am sure you are aware the book market has been flooded with Vampire books, but the author has put just enough of a twist on this paranormal tale to keep make it her own. As a reader, I often feel overwhelmed with information (even critical information) necessary to build the world, characters, background, and plotlines; this author summarized the entire history of vampire/human evolution in 2 paragraphs.

I also want to comment on the illustrations; they are fabulous! The author has a few samples on her website which you can view by clicking here.

I Can't Wait for the Next installment...Captured.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting addition with the illustrations. I saw this one not too long ago and have been thinking of picking it up. Seems like it's a pretty good one and I love when they can create a world and do so quickly so you can get into the real story :)

    Thanks for the heads up on it!
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could stop by! The illustrations were a wonderful discovery. I hope you enjoy it!

      Heather

      Delete
  2. Excellent book review and your so right about details. It can feel very overwhelming when your wanting to get to the meat of the story. Will definitely check this one out. Also enjoyed your blog! Very informative and excellent side bars for those wanting to pick up information on books. Looking forward to knocking around on it in the future. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tossed books for this very reason. I want to relax and enjoy a book - I don't want to have to take notes...this author did a WONDERFUL job. Hope you enjoy it.

      Glad you discovered my blog...look forward to sharing our love of reading in the future.

      Heather

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of this. Dominas, lying, hot vampire :) And it's new to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget...it is followed by 2 more installments.

      Heather

      Delete
  4. This is my first look at this book. Yes, the market is flooded with Vampire novels, but I do enjoy them on occasion. The determining factor as to whether to give one a try or not is based on blog reviews, so a big thanks for the recommendation. I will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete