Friday, February 1, 2013

Guest Post + Review: Flyover by Desiree Holt

Title: Flyover
Author: Desiree Holt
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Published Date: January 11, 2013
Cover Art By: Angela Anderson Designs

Enroute to their 1Night Stand dates, Chelsea Haller and Alec Ramsey are stranded in the airport during an unexpected snowstorm. It doesn’t take long to discover they’re each other’s one-night stand. Lucky for them, they’re drawn together by sizzling electricity and soon forget the icy snow. As the heat between them nearly melts the sheets in Alec’s hotel room, their night of erotic adventure surpasses anything they expected from a 1Night Stand.

Desiree Holt discusses where the idea for Flyover came from -

I was at a convention with Valerie Mann and Kate Richards, the editors of 1 Night Stand, and we were talking about the different stories I'd written for the series and they asked if I had anything working. I didn't at the moment, but for some reason the idea of a pilot popped into my head. I had yet to make a pilot a hero in any of my stories.

I also have a tendency to set my stories in Texas because that's where I live and I truly love the place. But I grew up in New England. When the ladies asked why I didn't set more stories in that area I said because there's too much snow! I couldn't wait to get away from it. 

But then as the idea rambled through my brain we tossed this on the table: what if I used that as a lynch pin in the story? What if a blizzard turned a couple's 1 Night Stand on it's head?

So I went up to my room, did an outline (which I never used to do, by the way) and when I came down to breakfast told them the story was on it's way. So thanks, Val and Kate, for the drinks, the coffee, and the idea.

The author constructed an instantaneous connection between two strangers so passionate that even with the length constriction, just 33 pages, the romance is infinite. Once again Ms. Holt delivered… two characters that are completed devoted to each other.

Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge by Decadent Publishing for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment