Thursday, March 7, 2013

Guest Post + Review: Excuse My Fairy (Misbehaving Magics, #1) by Kinley Baker

Welcome Kinley Baker!


She has a terminally tender heart and an inconvenient sense of humor. She loves puppies and cries at celebrity weddings. Kinley believes that romance novels are the keys to world peace, because if you're holding a book, you can't be holding a gun. Kinley supports all supernatural lifestyles and believes "happy ever after" isn't only for the normal. 

Her books Ruined, Denied and Freed are available now from Crescent Moon Press. Excuse My Fairy is available now from Etopia Press. Look for more in the Misbehaving Magics series and the final book in the Shadowed Love trilogy in 2013.


Exploring Relationships


I’m fascinated by people. I used to pretend I didn’t enjoy gossip, but that’s just a big lie. I love learning updates about what’s going on in others’ lives. I’ve decided this makes complete sense because gossip and fiction have a lot in common.

Stories make me happy whether they’re real or imagined. I often relate to characters and people the same. I cry at news articles, just like I cry at books.

I can see the parallels and how I fell into writing fiction. I’m very shy by nature and I’m not very social, so it never made much sense that I liked to be involved in groups. But now it does. Groups were the only way you could get to know people better.

People don’t tell their life stories to strangers. Although, sometimes people think you’re strange for wanting to understand their experiences.

I think writing romance is much safer for me. I absolutely adore exploring relationships. I think they’re unique and it’s so strange to think we find someone we devote our life to who we haven’t always known.

The way people connect and choose to spend their time together is a constantly evolving question. How do relationships work? How do two people who are often very different find the middle ground they need to make it work? What does it mean for a relationship to work?

I could spend my life writing romance, and I’d never have some of these answers. I get a thrill from the experience and the journey though. I also like to talk about exploring relationships on my blog.

I often recount encounters with my husband. We both think we’re hilarious, but we don’t always laugh at each other’s jokes. Hopefully the dynamic is amusing. I know I laugh, but then, it’s not hard to make me smile.

Reading is just another way to take a journey and explore intimate gossip. I love it. As a reader and as a writer.

What do you think about exploring relationships? Is it something you like to read in fiction?



Genre: Paranormal Romance
Published Date: December 7, 2012
Publisher: Etopia Press
Edited by: Rachel Firasek
Cover by: Valerie Tibbs

Her magic breaks all the rules. He breaks all of hers.

Draybeth is broken. Her fairy powers don’t work, her magic is completely dysfunctional, and not even her bad attitude and soft heart can win her back into Fairy favor. Exiled from their land, she struggles to make a life for herself in the human world. But when her bar burns to the ground and she meets one of the Impassables--the devastating Lawman Barrett--things become even more of a struggle. An arrest, murder, and abduction challenge everything she’s worked for, and worse, the Impassable Lawman appears to be her destined mate. But darkness stirs deep within Dray’s heart, and she’s not about to drag the gorgeous lawman down with her.

Barrett never expected to find himself mated to a fairy, let alone one with such a wicked temper and a short fuse. Being an Impassable, he should be immune to fairy magic, but Dray’s magic burns through him like lightning, just as everything else about her ignites him, body and soul. The fairy’s power over Impassables threatens everything this new realm was built upon, and as a Lawman, Barrett’s job is to make sure those threats are eliminated. But his feelings for Dray make him question just where his duty lies.

Do you believe in fairies?

Based on Excuse My Fairy, the Misbehaving Magics series has an amazing amount of potential. This debut novel builds the foundation and provides the background information without giving everything away – leaving tons of future story lines. 

Since this was my first book written by this author I wasn't sure what to except. While there was a few rough patches…the overall story is amazing and she wove together a beautiful romance. She nailed the art of character and plot development. I would recommend this to anybody looking for a new paranormal series.


Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge by Bewitching Book Tours for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment