Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Guest Post ~ Wounded Angel (Earth Angels, #3) by Stacy Gail


RT Madness—Party Time!
Before I begin, I’d like to thank Heather for allowing me to hop onto her fabulous blog to chat about RT Con and my latest release, WOUNDED ANGEL from Carina Press!
It’s official—I’m no longer a convention virgin. :D
                                                     
Earlier this month I traveled to Kansas City for RT Con, a convention that celebrates all things romance!  I was so excited I printed my official agenda weeks in advance, hitting everything from New Adult workshops to the business of self-publishing, to karaoke with the cover models (which was a total kick! :D).  And the PARTIES… omigosh. 

So.
     Many.
          Parties. 

The 30th anniversary ball of RT Con required either formal attire OR a costume from an old historical “bodice-ripper”.  Since this was my first time, I chose to play it safe and packed a floor-length red dress, but a lot of the party-goers took it seriously by showing up in amazing costumes.  Then there were the parties thrown by my publishers, Samhain and Carina Press.  WOW.  Samhain Safari was one I tweeted from to show all the swag available, and how all the fans were mingling with the writers, who wore pith helmets for easy identification (I met Skylar Kade *squeee*).  Free books, good food and blow-up alligators—what could be more fun???

I’ll tell you what was as much fun—the Carina Press cocktail party that led directly into the Harlequin Dance Party!  This was one of those nights that was kind of a blur for me.  I’d spent weeks figuring out a cocktail dress that would be elegant but was also easy to shake my booty in once the dancing started. The highlight, though, was the Carina Press party game.  Guests jumped from author to author, trying to match up authors/books to clues written on slips of paper they’d been given.  Once they matched up author/book to the clue they were holding, they filled it out and put it in a ballot box, where each correctly answered clue had a chance to win giveaways like iPads and kindles.  Cool, right?  The clue that led everyone to me went something like this:

A military doctor haunted by brutal memories teams up with an alluring descendant of the legendary Seraphim in order to stop a serial killer from striking again.  What book am I?  (The answer: SAVAGE ANGEL, Book 2 of The Earth Angels)
                                                    
But the biggest event for me was my very first signing at RT eBook Expo!  I wasn’t expecting to find Carina Press balloons at my end-slot place, a name placard and a stand displaying my latest release, WOUNDED ANGEL. I also didn’t expect to meet so many people who’d read the previous two Earth Angel books released earlier this year, and wanted to know what to expect in WOUNDED ANGEL. I was thrilled to reveal this latest release is my biggest yet, and it’s pivotal to the overall story arc.  The evil stalking the descendants of the Nephilim finally shows itself, and it’s revealed that it’s not just their lives at stake.  The world is trembling on the edge of an apocalypse, and Nate and Ella, the heroes of WOUNDED ANGEL, are the only ones who can put a stop to it.


Care to read more about my latest release, WOUNDED ANGEL? Here’s the blurb and official excerpt.  Enjoy!

A descendant of the Angel of Vengeance, Nate da Luca was gifted with an uncanny ability to find things. It made his job as a detective a breeze--until he learned the hard way that some things should remain hidden. After that, his powers vanished, along with his belief in himself. Which is going to make tracking down Gabriella Littlefield for his latest client a challenge.

Personal trainer Ella Little paid a hefty price for her life--now all she wants is to live it in peace. Then a sexy hulk of a man turns up in her gym, reigniting desires she thought she'd left behind along with her real name and hair color.


Desires she can't deny even after she discovers Nate's no stranger to her dark past.


Before he can convince her the attraction is mutual, Nate's going to have to earn Ella's trust. But a demon is playing for keeps in the world of humans, using Ella as bait, and the last thing they have is time...


Go back to the beginning with Nobody's Angel, available now!
63,000 words

Where you can find me:


3 comments:

  1. I would love to go to an RT. All the descriptions makes me want to go more nad more. Thanks so much for sharing.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Stacy!

    I am green with envy! After seeing the tweets, pictures, and hearing all the great stories. Not to mention all the awesome SWAG - I wish I had made the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, *mwah!* I'm pretty sure we're just twins separated at birth :) It was awesome to meet you too, and I can't wait to dive into Wounded Angel!

    See you at RT 2014?

    ReplyDelete