Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spotlight + Interview ~ Breaking Perfect by Lydia Michaels


 photo text-sticker-Interview.png

For all of our follower who may not be familiar with you work, could you tell us a bit about yourself? 

A bit about me... 

My name is Lydia Michaels and I’m an erotic romance author. I’m from Pennsylvania, just outside of Philadelphia, and I LOVE my job! My stories are known for their intricate plots and descriptive writing. I was first published December 2011 and have since found my calling. This fall, Penguin Publishing will be releasing my erotic trilogy called The Surrender Trilogy, which was chosen to feature in their "The Hottest Romance eBooks of 2013" sampler. My vampire series, The Order of Vampyres, won the Top Bite Award from Bitten by Paranormal Romance. They’re Amish vampyres, by the way. And several of my books in my New Castle series made bestseller lists. My newest release is Breaking Perfect, a HOT love story and my first attempt at MMF, I will be talking about today! 

Tell us a little about your process. Do you start with an idea? A character? What is the easiest part of writing for you? What’s the hardest? 

I observe people and see their strengths and struggles and that’s usually where my characters come from. Sometimes a book is based on circumstance and sometimes it’s all about the character’s quirks. I usually have ideas until I write about 100 pages. After that, the characters usually come to life and their happily ever after is in their hands. I haven’t created characters that couldn’t find their HEA yet. 

The easiest part of writing, for me, is writing. I can write twice as fast as I can read. I don’t know how that’s possible, but it’s true. The most challenging part is editing. 

How did you come up with the idea for Breaking Perfect


One of my dearest friends is a therapist. I think she triggered something in me one day when we were talking. I also wanted to push myself to the next level of erotic romance. I love MMFs and that is what Breaking Perfect is. 

Which scene or dialogue was the most difficult for to write? Why? 


Liberty, the heroine, has a very real disorder. She has OCD. This isn’t like the compulsion to alphabetize one’s DVDs or label things. Her Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is severe and sometimes debilitating. Sometimes it causes her to harm herself when things are not ‘perfect’, which you can image happens when her husband’s ex-lover shows up—a male lover she was never told about. The most difficult scenes to write were the deep point of view scenes written in Libby’s head. I wanted Liberty’s behavior and reasoning to be authentic. To accomplish this, I did a lot of research and had a lot of people with backgrounds in psychology review her scenes. Once I nailed her character down, I really enjoyed writing her. 

What are you currently working on? What other release do you have planned for 2013? 


Currently I am working on a series called McCullough Mountain. It’s about a sexy, rambunctious, Irish family in the boonies of Pennsylvania. You can meet the McCulloughs this summer! 

The Surrender Trilogy, a huge project I’ve spent a year working on, is coming out September 2013, November 2013, and January 2014. This trilogy is something I put so much effort into and I am thrilled to see it make its way into the hands of readers! 

I’m also working on the 4th book in The Order of Vampyres, which readers seem quite excited for! 

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published? 


The most rewarding? Hmmm… I love what I do. So much of it is rewarding. I love my readers and when I see a review, professional, personal, or even a hello on my Facebook, I feel incredibly blessed. Thank you to everyone who takes the time! 

Do you have any specific last thoughts that you want to share with us? 


My first thought is thank you for letting me be here. My second is that I hope to hear from or meet some of you in the future. I will be attending Lori Foster’s Reader Author Get Together this June and I hope to see some of you there. You can always find me on Facebook as well! 

Website | Facebook | Email | 

{All other buy links can be found at www.LydiaMichaels.org}

Dr. and Mrs. Mason Davis appear to have the perfect life, but looks can be deceiving. Liberty isn’t perfect, far from it, yet everyday she strives to be the ideal wife. It was love at first sight for Mason, despite all the challenges living with someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder might face. And from the moment Liberty gave him her heart, he knew he was meant to keep her safe. Mason accepts that Liberty is flawed, even when she does not. He endeavors to keep life as orchestrated as possible for his wife, but when his ex-lover, Sean, shows up unannounced, Mason loses a bit of his ever present control and cracks begin to show in his perfect life.

Liberty’s just right, carefully ordered world begins to unravel when she falls for the man who is in love with her husband. When what she wants is the antithesis of perfect, she struggles with her desires, and fears she may break. But breaking may be the only thing that can set Liberty free.
A beautifully told, psychological tale that redefines the meaning of perfect and breaks all the rules of love.

WARNING: Breaking Perfect is a highly graphic erotic romance, which contains content that may be not be suitable for all readers. This novel examines the Dominant/submissive dynamic, explores areas touching on light BDSM, and includes situations some readers may find offensive. This book is a poly-amorous romance, which means it is a love story between three people trying to find their happily ever after. There are intense sexual scenes, which include MMF menage, meaning the male characters may interact sexually with or without the female heroine present.


1 comment: