Friday, July 26, 2013

Guest Post + Review ~ The Wedding Gamble by Cindi Myers

How to Find More Time For Reading

 Life gets busier every day, it seems. And every day I find more and more books I want to read. If you, like me, struggle to find enough time in your day to read, I offer up a few tips for making more moments for the books you love.

Carry books with you. This can be actual physical books you tuck in your purse, an e-reader, or a phone ap. I have a Kindle ap on my phone and read while I'm waiting in lines, waiting at the doctor's office or even waiting in traffic.

Set a timer. I give myself 30 minutes at the start of my day to read. You could also do this at night or on your lunch hour. Because it's so hard to tear myself away from a good book, I set a timer for 30 minutes. When the timer goes off, I have to get on with my work day. But having that 30 minutes allows me to read more than I would otherwise.

Audio books. Audio books allow me to "read" while I'm walking the dog, in the car, or doing housework. The perfect way to multi-task.

Take baths instead of showers. You can read in the bathtub. Harder to do in the shower.

Keep books everywhere. I had a friend who, when her children were little, kept a stack of novels on the back of the toilet. The bathroom was the one place she could escape from the chaos for a while to read. I always have several books going at once and have them stashed different places. You never know when you'll have a few minutes to read a chapter.

Make reading required. When I'm judging a contest, I always find time to read the books I'm supposed to judge. I make time for the book my book club is reading each month. I read other books by my publisher and call the reading homework. If I have to do it, I'll get it done.

Those are my ideas for making more time in my life for books. What are your ideas?
Preschool teacher Laura Nichols is celebrating her birthday and sister's bachelorette party in Vegas. Being in Sin City is thrilling and she intends on tapping in to her wild side. Laura can't resist the added excitement that comes with saying yes when a hunky man off the street proposes...

FBI agent David Abruzzo has been working undercover as a thug to bring down the Zacolli crime family, but his cover depends on convincing the mob he came to Vegas for a quickie wedding. If they catch on to his plan, his cover's blown, and he's as good as dead.

Over the course of 48 hours, David and Laura use rollercoasters, glowing condoms, and exotic male dancers to stay alive and bring the crime family down. But it will take more than Lady Luck, one night of passion, and a little Vegas magic to turn their fake marriage into something real.

I absolutely loved this book! What great read, that was packed with sizzling romance as well as suspense. Laura was preschool teacher that went to Vegas for her sister's Bachelorette Party. Laura had such a giving personality including putting everybody's needs in front of her own. While partying she has a headache,one Rachael' s bridesmaids gives her something, which she has a reaction too.

That is where she meets David, they get married to protect him. The mafia is after him. Laura then finds out that is an undercover FBI agent. Laura steps right up to the plate to help convince the Mafia that they really are married. She was very determined to help David, even though he just wanted to protect her. Of course while " pretending" to be married and avoiding the Mafia, feeling form but David says Laura isn't cut out for this life.

I truly had a hard time putting it down. I turned page after page dying to know what was going to happen next. This is a great book, I highly recommend.

Disclosure: This ebook was provided to BBMoreB free of charge by the publisher for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Allyson




No comments:

Post a Comment