Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Interview + Spotlight ~ Mad Moon (High Plains Shifter, #6) by Regina Carlysle


For all of the BBMoreB followers who may not be familiar with you work, tell us a bit about yourself?

I lived in west Texas for most of my life (a fairly rural area) and just recently moved to Central Florida. I’m loving the new adventure though there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t miss Texas a little bit…Tex-Mex, great steaks and intoxicating margaritas…sigh. So yes, I’m a southern girl with a big accent (though I left the ‘big hair’ back in the 80’s where it belongs). I started writing in the early 90’s right after my second child came along and haven’t stopped yet, finding my own little niche in erotic romance. Ellora’s Cave is my primary publisher although I DO have a few titles with others. To date, I’m roughly three books away from having 50 published stories.


How did you come up with the idea for the High Plains Shifters series?

Living in West Texas and surrounded by cowboys and cactus, it just seemed ‘right’ to add my love of paranormal (and shifters in particular) into the area where I lived. It’s dry, dusty and remote so I mixed cowboys with wolf shifters and gave them a unique town of their own. Here they make their own rules and I like that. As a writer, this gives me lots of freedom to create. The release of Mad Moon marks book six in the series.


Please summarize the High Plains Shifters series.

Deep in the heart of dusty West Texas lies a town like no other. In Cloverfield, wolf shifters live hard and love long while existing by pack rule alone. As members of the Wolf Creek Pack, cowboys, shop owners and ranchers alike yearn for peace and lives of meaning with their mates. But predators roam the parched land they call home. In this world of their own making, they band together to preserve their lifestyle and the families they love.


Which character, scene or dialogue was the most difficult to write? Why?

For me, action scenes are always most difficult to write. In Mad Moon, a bloody action scene near the books end was difficult to coordinate but I hope I nailed it. I’m a big baby when it comes to violence and blood so, yes, these kinds of scenes are always tough. Give me a sex scene any day! LOL
What are you currently working on? What other release do you have planned for 2013?

At the end of last year, I began writing a new series about Immortal warriors, men (and women) who were saved by a goddess because of acts of bravery in their human lives. They are brought to her realm and live to serve the whims of the goddess while protecting humans. The first story in this series has been contracted by Ellora’s Cave. Immortal Challenge is still awaiting first round of edits but I’m hoping it will release this year. I am also waiting for word on Return to Ransom, book three of my Delight Texas series. This is the final book of a contemporary western set in Texas. I hope to hear from my Ellora’s Cave editor about that very soon and hope it will also release this year. Fingers crossed.

I am currently working on a romantic suspense that I have tentatively titled Lust, Lies and Silky Thighs and I’m plotting a hawk shifter story as a follow up to Jaguar Hunger and Tinderbox (EC). Readers have also asked for Rio Santana’s story. I introduced him in Panther Moon (EC) which is book two of the Savage Sanctuary series at EC. This book is tentatively titled Santana’s Touch and is a panther shifter story.


Do you have any specific last thoughts that you want to share with us? 

Last thoughts? Nah, I’d just like to say thanks so much for having me here. I have really enjoyed it. If your readers like shifters (wolves, panthers, or jaguars), along with hotter than hell contemporary cowboys, please check out my website. http://www.reginacarlysle.com

Mad Moon (available now at Ellora’s Cave) is book six of the HPS series and can be read as a stand-alone book although it is probably best enjoyed after reading the prior books in the series. All are available at Ellora’s Cave and at most ebook retailers (Amazon, B&N, etc)


Madden Moon knows what she is the second she walks into the old café. Shifter. Wolf. Trouble. Struck by her beauty and the air of exhaustion about her, the leader of the Texas Rogues, wishes her straight out of town but as the mating energy of their species sizzles between them and her enemies approach, he has no alternative but to bring the beautiful lycan under his protection and into his bed.

Runaway Lana Vronski is in big trouble. As she races through the woods, local wolves in hot pursuit, she believes all is lost until she is rescued by oh-so-sexy Madden. When he offers her sanctuary and sex hot enough to burn them both, she accepts his proposal but it isn’t until the mating heat between them begins to sizzle wildly out of control that Lana learns her true salvation awaits in his arms. Lana’s enemies are relentless, however, and will stop at nothing as they attempt to rip her from the arms of the man she loves.

About The Author 

A bit about me…

I grew up in small town Oklahoma then moved to Texas where I lived for over thirty years. Once upon a time I worked as a newspaper journalist, as a public relations director for a university, and other assorted things but these days I am an award winning, multi-published author.

I like writing that is hot, edgy, and often humorous, and try to put this trademark stamp on all of my stories. These days I live in sunny Florida where I find the temps ‘heat up’ my creative urges. I am a doting, fawning, and over-indulgent mom to my two adult children and believe them to be the coolest people in the world.

When I’m not penning steamy erotic tales set in paranormal worlds or writing hot contemporary books (usually featuring a cowboy or two) I indulge in long chats with friends who help me stay sane and keep me laughing. Wanna be my friend forever? Make me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful interview:) I'm a fan of Regina's books:)

    ReplyDelete