Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review ~ Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros

From a New York Times bestselling author, the immensely popular world of Twitter comes alive in this delightfully modern yet unforgettably timeless love story. In Goodnight Tweetheart, now with an exclusive new epilogue, Teresa Medieros tells a poignant and engaging story in a groundbreaking style.

Can two strangers who meet (and tweet) by chance find a love strong enough to last a lifetime? That’s the question former literary sensation Abby Donovan is forced to explore when she meets Mark Baynard on Twitter. Mark, an English professor traveling the world, shatters Abby’s writer’s block one witty tweet at a time. Just as she begins to write and live again, she discovers Mark is hiding a secret that could change both of their lives forever. In the tradition of Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail, two lonely people discover it doesn’t take 140 characters to find your soul mate, just three little words.
I enjoyed the humorous banter and the uniqueness of the using today’s social media technology to discover love. I felt that flirtatious romance between Mark and Abigail was lacking familiarity. I always felt outside the story; a spectator as oppose to an active participate. My favorite character in this book is Abigal’s best friend, Margo. I love her personality; she is unafraid to share her true opinion about a situation (reminds me of my bestie) – would not mind a follow-up story featuring her.

With so many pop culture references I am not sure how the book will age – things seem to trend so quickly. I do agree with the comparisons to You’ve Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle; could even picture Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan as the leads.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds cute and fresh, thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I've seen this one around and thought about picking it up. I do prefer to feel like I'm in the story and not just looking in so thanks for the heads up on that part :)

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete