Saturday, September 28, 2013

Guest Post ~ Ty Langston + Spotlight ~ Romantic Tales: Bedtime Stories Episode Six


 photo text-sticker-guest-post.png

Who's Your Inspiration?

As an author, I’m always asked what inspires me to do what I do. The answer? A lot of things. It can be as easy as song lyrics to the weather. 

Everyone gets motivated by something. For my story ‘Mail Order Groom’ that’s included in the latest episode of Romantic Tales: Bedtime Stories Episode Six, I explored the world of internet dating, the pitfalls and the good that can come out of it. 

I was inspired to write that story about of all things, a movie about a Mail Order Bride called “Birthday Girl”. Nicole Kidman was the mail order bride to Ben Chaplin’s groom and the hijinks that ensued were so crazy that I was left wondering. ‘If a guy can order a bride, why can’t a female? If we weren’t with our significant others and could find the man of our dreams through a website, would you do it?’ 

It also lately has been wondering if online dating is for me. I’m 42 and have been single for the last couple of years. I’ve been debating if I want to spend the remainder of my years alone or would I like someone to share it with. Some of my friends have had success at online dating, others haven’t. So my answer for now is, I don’t know. I’m still figuring it out. But in the meantime, I’m going to enjoy writing Jessie’s ride and maybe that will make me bold enough to take the plunge myself one day. (There is someone out there for everyone, right? LOL) 

So, my question to all of you is what are your inspirations? Is it a song, a book, a sentence? A person? Tell me who.
Read a book before bedtime and fall in love with, Romantic Tales:Bedtime Stories Season 2

This season finale includes the startling ending to Archer and Rebekah's story in Red Hawk Mercenary Group: Ghost. In the last episode we learn that Bekah killed Archer's wife. But how does she cope? Can she tell him the truth now while they are on assignment to catch a killer? Or does she wait?

In Mail order groom all it takes is a trip, a blind date, along with a mysterious message from an online dating site to get things moving. All are a part of Jessica's continuing quest for love.

Romantic Tales is also pleased to announce we have a new comer to the team. We hope you enjoy her three chapter teaser of, The Vixen Flower.

A request by a famous rock star photographer, and a three day fling take Viscaria and Mark on journey that brings out a side Viscaria never knew existed.

Episode Six Releases released on Oct. 12th.



1 comment:

  1. Great post, I'm excited to read Mail Order Groom!

    ReplyDelete