Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Monologue + Review ~ Bad Guys Get Caught (Janet Maple Series #3) by Marie Astor

Janet Maple and Dennis Walker are aces at catching the bad guys, but an assignment involving an international gangster and a sleazy politician just might have them in over their heads.

With the man of her dreams on her arm and a dream job at one of NYC’s top private agencies, Janet’s life is nearly perfect. But when a high profile case falls into her lap, Janet finds her competitive streak kicking in, taking risks she shouldn’t be taking.

Dennis Walker loves catching the bad guys as much as he loves being in the limelight. Will he be able to share the laurels with his girlfriend who also happens to be his work partner? And will the bad guys get caught?

Baxter Monologue

Hi there, I noticed you looking at the cover so I thought I’d introduce myself.
My name is Baxter. I’m the Jack Russell Terrier on the cover. What’s that you said? Cute? Why, thank you for the compliment although I personally prefer handsome.
Are you asking me if this book is about Jack Russell Terriers?
No, it isn’t. It’s a mix of romance and suspense, but I’m certainly part of the book. When I was asked to model for the cover, I simply couldn’t refuse.
You’d like to know more about the book?
I’m happy to tell you. Let’s see, Bad Guys Get Caught is book three in the Janet Maple Series and it’s about, well, it’s about catching the bad guys! But then it already says that in the title… Sorry, let me try again. The main characters are Janet Maple and Dennis Walker. They are white collar crime investigators and their job is to track down crooks and all kinds of bad people, the real sleazy types.
I’ve been with Janet since I was a little puppy. She takes great care of me: makes sure I eat a great diet (although I wish she’d slip in a treat now and then), takes me on long walks, and lets me jump on the couch as much as I want. Janet works a lot, and when she’s real busy she asks our neighbor Mrs. Chapman to watch me. Mrs. Chapman likes to play the piano and sing, and I like to sing along. We even preformed together at the local community center and received a standing ovation, but enough about me.
Dennis Walker is Janet’s work partner and her boyfriend. For a while the two of them couldn’t figure out how they felt about each other, and I’m real glad they finally saw sense and got together. Janet had kissed her share of frogs. For a while there was that Alex Kingsley character, and I didn’t like him one bit. You can read all about how I tore up his trousers in book two, Catching the Bad Guys. Alex is history now, and I’m glad that Janet is with Dennis. I knew Dennis was a good sort when I first met him. I’ve got a nose for that kind of thing. He always brings me a Milk Bone—the man’s got class!
What’s that I hear? Oh yes, the sound of the key turning the front door lock. It must be Janet and Dennis. Well, it’s been nice chatting with ya, but now I must be off. I hope Dennis brought me a Milk Bone! See ya on the pages of Bad Guys Get Caught!

About The Author

Marie Astor is romantic suspense Kindle bestselling author of the Janet Maple Series: To Catch a Bad Guy, Catching the Bad Guy, Bad Guys Get Caught, contemporary romance novels This Tangled Thing Called Love, Lucky Charm, Smitten at First Sight, and a short story collection, A Dress in a Window. Marie is also the author of a fantasy adventure novel, Over the Mountain and Back.

Marie is a die-hard romantic, which is why she loves writing in the contemporary romance genre. In her spare time, Marie enjoys being adventurous out-of-doors. She often gets new story ideas while she is hiking up a mountain or trying to avoid bumping into a tree while skiing.
Marie loves hearing from her readers and always answers all of her emails personally.

Join Marie’s mailing list at www.marieastor.com to receive updates about Marie’s new book releases and events.

Every time I read a new book in the Janet Maple Series I have a new favorite. Dennis and Janet are working for Ham in a private office this time and official couple. I am absolutely thrilled that Dennis and Janet are really a couple even though there are jealousy issues as well as competition issues. They make a great couple and are better together. They make each other complete plus the sex is really hot.

Dennis was confident, almost conceived, strong, protective, loyal, stubborn, fun, charming, sexy, hardworking, protective, passionate, caring, full of life, adventurous and not afraid to take risk. Janet was not as sure of herself, but very strong, competitive, passionate, compassionate, caring, and giving. This whole series was a wonderful Series that I highly recommend. I was given an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Allyson

Janet Maple Series

No comments:

Post a Comment