Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review ~ Let it be Me by Toni Aleo

Do you see that woman there?
The one with long, wavy blond hair and blue eyes that used to sparkle?
That’s me, Violet Moore.
Do you see those men over there?
One is my husband, Rob.
A man who claimed he loved me, but proved his fist loved me more.
The other is Tucker McCloud, my savior and confidant.
I'm torn between what's right and my own fear.
But not anymore.
I’m taking my life back now.
I will fight back.
I will be happy.
This is not the light pleasurable erotic book I’ve come to expect from author Toni Aleo; it is dark and sullen. While I cannot say I relished reading this tale (due to the horrific violence inflicted on Violet) it was incredibly well-written. It was so vivid that it read like non-fiction…the pain, humiliation, and anguish was at times too realistic. My applause to the author for writing about a subject so many shy from discussing. 
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment