Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review ~ Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly


Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well - a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible - been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."

I was looking for a light, amusing and flirty contemporary romance. I stumbled over this hidden in my Kindle. It was a FREE Kindle read, and my first Harlequin KISS. My initial impression based solely on the brightly- colored cover was that it was probably just what I was looking for and the blurb was even more convincing.

So glass of wine in hand, I settled in to read it and for the most part this book met my expectations. The biggest let down was Connor – although he was mostly irresistible his character seemed emotionless. I anticipate that this was a difficult character to capture – he was intended to be seem-unemotional at times, but I felt that he went too far over the edge (too many times). On the other hand, I thought Megan was perfectly suited to this story. Her very real antics made the story enjoyable. I felt real emotion from her character…As for the story it was just as described. Looking forward to reading this book companion,Waking Up Pregnant – featuring Connor’s best friend Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment