Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review ~ Waking Up Pregnant by Mira Lyn Kelly

The night that changed everything!

Waitress Darcy Penn is the smart, sensible type—flirting with the extremely cute guy in the bar just isn't her usual style. As for ending up in his hotel room? Definitely not! Sneaking out while he's in the bathroom to avoid the post-sex awkwardness? Much more like it….

If Darcy had stuck around, Jeff Norton could have told her about their "epic latex fail." So he shouldn't be quite so shocked when months later, Darcy turns up at his classy L.A. office and throws up in his wastepaper basket. She's got a bad case of morning sickness, and she's here to find out what he's going to do about it!

After reading, Waking Up Married I knew I wanted to read Jeff’s story. Now for those of you with a weak stomach this is not a recommended lunchtime read, since Darcy spends most of the book puking. Yuck!

I enjoyed this book very much…I felt it had a stronger overall story than Waking Up Married. Jeff is a little manipulative but completely irresistible. Darcy’s main character flaw is she is too independent. There were a few moments when I felt she should give Jeff a break. The author wrote incredible scenes filled with emotion. However, my favorite thing about this book was the dialogue. I got an immense satisfaction from the dialogue – it was realistic and passionate.

“I’ve been telling myself no all night, Darcy,” he murmured gruffly into her ear, rubbing his cheek against her hair. “If you’re saying yes, that little kiss isn’t going to be enough to tide me over until we get back to my room.


Her words were barely more than a trembling whisper. “Then you better take what you need now.”
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment