Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Review ~ Mended (Connections #3) by Kim Karr

MUSIC HAS THE POWER TO HEAL ALL…BUT NOT ALL BROKEN HEARTS CAN BE MENDED.
Always in control, Xander Wilde considered life on the road to be a perfect fit for him. But when disaster strikes on the Wilde Ones’ latest tour, fate intervenes…and a newly single Ivy Taylor, the only girl he has ever loved, steps back into his life.

After moving past her painful breakup with Xander years ago, Ivy was poised to become the next big name in pop music…when suddenly she withdrew from the limelight—the same day she announced her engagement to her controlling agent, Damon Wolf.

Xander knows he should keep his distance. But once they’re on the road, he can’t resist pursuing her for a second chance. Yet a jealous Damon can’t let her go—and he’s keeping dangerous secrets that could destroy them all. 

When the three of them come together, everything falls apart. But if Xander and Ivy can hold tight to the bond that connects them, they just might have a chance at reclaiming the powerful love they thought they had lost forever...
 
I was a little hesitant going into this book because I was not a fan of Xander's character from what I had already read. I thought of him as only an asshole but I am definitely glad I got to read his story. Xander had reasons for being the way he was and one of those reasons is Ivy, the girl he only ever loved.

Ivy Taylor and Xander were high school sweethearts until a mistake breaks them apart. Now 12 years later they come across each other again, Ivy is engaged to her manager, Damon Wolf, and Xander has no idea what he is doing with his life. With the Wilde Ones out a lead singer and Ivy breaking off her engagement, she sets out on tour with them which leads to an obvious reconnection.

Xander and Ivy's relationship goes through the typical ups and downs but I couldn't connect with this book like I did with the others. I think more specifically I didn't connect with Ivy's character at all. While I realize this was Xander's book, not Ivy's, I still felt like I didn't get much from her as a character. I think maybe if we would have gotten her POV a little more that might have helped or if she would have been present more often. Other than the lack of connection I still liked the story and will continue to read the rest in the series.
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to BBMoreB free of charge for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own
Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment