Monday, October 13, 2014

Review ~ Evidence of Passion (Shadow Agents #7) by Cynthia Eden

Friends become endangered lovers in New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Eden's Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory miniseries

Trusting the wrong man had almost cost EOD agent Rachel Mancini her life. Now, years later, the killer's back to make the hit he missed. But he won't succeed while Rachel's gorgeous partner, Dylan Foxx, is on the case. He's been the sexy ex-lawyer's friend for years and will do anything to keep her safe. And though it could prove fatal, he wants her in his arms...and his bed.

But first he has to stop the madman obsessed with Rachel. Ex-SEAL Dylan has the skills and determination to meet every danger the twisted assassin can unleash. A relationship has never had a place in his life...until he senses Rachel wants him as badly as he wants her.
Adam Wright’s betrayal -
“You’re mine,” he told her. His hands lowered to his sides. “Either mine to kill or mine to love. The choice is all on me…I knew it from the beginning.”
leads Rachel Mancini reluctantly into the protective arms of Dylan Foxx.
“I’m going to take care of you,” Dylan promised her. “We’re the good guys. We’re going to keep you safe.” A pause. “I’m going to keep you safe.”
Cynthia Eden dialogue and writing style, regardless of genre, always keep this reader intrigued. This is the first book in The Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory line that I have read; each is stand alone. Dylan is everything a heroine needs – sexy, protective, and 100% devoted. I loved his intimation tactics…they always brought a smile to my face. Rachel complements his character perfectly. Considering she has a killer obsessed with her I expected a meeker woman – someone in need of fortification. Instead Ms. Eden gave us an independent survivor who stands beside (or in front of) her hero.

I have added the other installments to my TBR…and if you like romantic suspense I recommend this line of Harlequin Intrigue.
Disclosure: This book was provided to me free of charge for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment