Sunday, October 12, 2014

Review ~ Great Little Gifts to Knit: 30 Quick and Colorful Patterns by Jean Moss

Today's knitters are avid—and busy. Although they love to knit for friends and family, and enjoy trying out new patterns and stitch techniques, they're constantly faced with the challenge of finding enough time to complete their projects. Great Little Gifts to Knit solves this problem. Jean Moss, author of Sweet Shawlettes, has designed 30 fun, fresh, beautiful patterns that incorporate traditional knitting techniques from all over the world: from Fair Isle and Aran knits to Peruvian intarsia patterns and Japanese shadow knitting techniques. Beautiful, clever, and, most of all, quick to knit, these projects offer knitters a chance to learn and experiment with new techniques—all in projects that can be made in less than a weekend.
I was very excited to receive this book.

This book has some great inspirational patterns within it's covers. the pictures are extraordinary.

My projects so far:
Shower Set (pgs 12-15) - I only made the slippers & hat. These knitted up quickly and made a great gift. I tagged this pattern to use for future gifts.

Fiesta Shrug and Fingerless Gloves (pg 32-36) - I completed the fingerless gloves in two different color schemes. I did not complete the shrug. I did not like the fit - it was awkwardly shaped.

Galaxy Beret (pgs 59-61) - These make great gifts...I even sold a couple at a recent craft show. I adorned a couple of these with knitted flowers instead of the recommended buttons. One I topped with a pom-pom. These are easily modified into different looks.

Galway Beanie and Head-Wrap (pgs 82-84) - I was not overly-impressed by this pattern. This is a basic knitted hat with a cable pattern. However, it is a great pattern to knit for someone whose head size you may not know. It is very stretchy.

My favorite pattern in this book was the Wensleydale Tea Cozy (pgs 105-107) - This pattern was challenging, but it is also very forgiving. I purchased a vintage teapot and added this cozy for a housewarming gift. I was well received. It can also be converted into a hat pattern (I have not yet done that, but I do see the potential.
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment