Friday, July 31, 2015

{Review} Thrill Me (Fool's Gold, #18) by Susan Mallery

About The Book

Thrill Me by Susan Mallery

Series: Fool's Gold, #18
Publisher: HQN Books
Publication Date: July 28, 2015
Genres: Contemporary



Description


Meet the Mitchell brothers of Fool's Gold, California—five gorgeous men who've left a trail of broken hearts in their wake… 


Maya Farlow learned the hard way to depend only on herself, so when she fell too deeply for the bad-boy charms of Del Mitchell, she did the only thing she could—she ran. Stunned, Del left Fool's Gold to make his name and fortune in extreme sports. 

Now ten years later, Maya's been hired to promote her hometown's new slogan, The Destination for Romance. The celebrity spokesman is none other than Del, the man she dumped but never forgot. Awkward! 

Although Del's not the type to hold a grudge, he's determined to avoid falling a second time for the woman who broke his heart. He's a daredevil, not an idiot. Trouble is, in all his adventures, he never found a rush as exhilarating as Maya's kiss. Maybe risking his heart will prove to be the biggest thrill of all…

Review

Several things go into my decision about which books I'll read; it is sometimes based solely on my current mood. As a high-volume reader, I usually select a weeks worth of reads making sure I have a good mix of genres and tropes; then generate a precise schedule. Now at this point, you are probably wondering why I am mentioning this. I am stating this so you can understand that this book, Thrill Me, ruined all of my careful planning...I read it the day I received it. 

Thank You, Susan Mallery, for disrupting my carefully thought-out schedule...no seriously Thank You

Maya and Del feature in one of my favorite tropes, the second chance romance. The author gave their shared past proper acknowledgment without giving it an inordinate amount of influence over their adult lives. The years have made them different people, and it is those people that the story truly reflects.

Review Copy Provided By: Author

This book was provided to me free of charge for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Who's Who In Fools Gold, California - Here

No comments:

Post a Comment