Wednesday, August 12, 2015

{Blog Tour} {Interview} {Spotlight} Intimate Fear (Empire Blue, #2) by DC Stone

About The Book

Intimate Fear by DC Stone

Series: Empire Blue, #2

Publisher: Evernight Publishing

Publication Date: June 19, 2015

Cover Artist: Jay Aheer

Genres: Romantic Suspense


Description

Dwayne Gonzalez has always had a thing for the beautiful Brooke Mason, but she married another man, had his child, and started her life without him. Now, years and a divorce later, he’s still on the sidelines, yet in Brooke’s and her daughter, Hailey’s life, but not in the way he wants.

A drug investigation brings Dwayne on the front step of Brooke’s life. With his attention distracted, Hailey is kidnapped and engulfed in a human trafficking ring. Dwayne marches in and toes the line between the right side of the law, and in it, pursues his heart’s desire.


Interview

How can readers discover more about you and you work?

I’m always around on social media, whether it be on Facebook or Twitter. And if all else fails, anyone can find me through my website at www.authordcstone.com.


How do you relax?

Read. I love to read. I discovered reading pretty late in life, and I blame this partially on the fact that none of my teachers ever introduced romance to me. *winks* Getting lost in a book is a way I love to spend time when I’m not running my kids around, investigating suspects, volunteering at school, or writing.


What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews?

I think any author should be lucky to have a reader give feedback. While sometimes those reviewers may not like your book, and show it through the review, in the end it’s sort of like food or individuals, not everyone is going to like your work. If you get the same comments over and over again, whether those be good or bad, those are the important things to pay attention to. 


For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?

Funny enough, if you asked me this question five years ago I would have said paper/hard back books. Now? I’m all about my Nook. I can’t read on anything else. When the going gets tough and my Nook battery dies, then it’s on my phone. I don’t buy paperback anymore, nor do I read paperbacks when I come home from conferences. I know, I’m horrible. But if I’ve been given a free paperback and I really want to read it, I got back and purchase the ebook. 


What book/s are you reading at present?

Right now I’m rereading Kristen Ashley’s Lady Luck. Her books are seriously crack, and every once in a while I just pick them back up (or in my Nook’s case, click on the file) and fall into her world(s).

 Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?

Dwayne is a bit intriguing as he’s known as the village’s playboy, but deep down that’s not him at all. He’s got a soft spot for a specific set of female’s in Nyack, but in order to protect himself, he doesn’t let that secret out until he knows it’s the right time.

Which writers inspire you?

Well, of course there’s Kristen Ashley, then Julie Ann Walker, Pamela Clare, Samantha Young, Nora Roberts, JR Ward, the list could go on and on. But these women, especially the first three, have a special place in my heart.




About the Author

D.C. “Desi” Stone is a best-selling romance author and full-time fraud investigator. She lives in the northeast with her incredibly supporting husband, two kids, and the ever-growing family of cats. 

After serving eight years of service with the United States Air Force, she went on to transition into the world of financial crimes and became a lead investigator for many years.

Reading has always been a passion of hers, getting lost in a good, steamy romance is one of her favorite past times. She soon after discovered her own love for writing and recreating stories and characters in her head. Her writing concentrates on romantic with specifics in paranormal, suspense, and erotica.

Now, when she isn’t trying to solve a new puzzle in the world of fraud, she is engulfed with coffee, her laptop, and all those crazy characters in her head. She is a member of the Romance Writers of America, Hudson Valley Romance Writers, New Jersey Romance Writers, RomVets, RWA Kiss of Death, and the Liberty State Fiction Writers. She served as the 2014 NJRW Vice President and Conference Chair. Come stop by on Facebook, Twitter, or her website and say hello!


Giveaway

2 comments: